Dear graduate students,
I hope you’re enjoying the last bit of summer and feeling prepared for the start of the fall semester on Monday.
Although it’s an unusual semester, I hope that you will enroll and continue to progress toward your degree! This is a friendly reminder that the final day to enroll and pay for fall courses in person without late penalties is Friday, Aug. 21. The final day to enroll and pay for fall courses online without paying late penalties is Sunday, Aug. 23.
I encourage you to enroll as soon as possible to finalize your schedule and avoid paying late penalties. Please review the 2020-21 academic calendar
for additional important dates.
Please remember that courses currently planned for remote instruction will not change to become in-person courses; however, courses currently planned for in-person instruction could still become a remote course, so please keep your eye on your schedule in MyUNLV. Those classes meeting on campus will require masks, physical distancing, and will only be filled to a maximum of 50% of room capacity. For additional information about what to expect on campus this semester, please visit the UNLV COVID-19 webpage
; and for COVID-19 information for the graduate community, policy/process/deadline adjustments, and other important updates, please visit the
Graduate College COVID-19 webpage
. Please also complete the Returning Safely to Campus Training
and watch the New Campus Norms
and Rebels Make Masks Happen
videos before returning to campus.
Please note that UNLV's travel policy has been updated. Anyone who has traveled domestically or internationally is no longer required to self-quarantine for 14 days after returning, unless they have had known exposure to COVID-19 or are experiencing any symptoms.
As we head into what will undoubtedly be a unique semester, please remember that we are all in this together and are here to promote your success. To that end:
- One hundred percent of the Graduate College services, programs, and activities are continuing in a remote capacity for your easy access.
- Our Welcome Center on the 2nd floor of the University Gateway Building is now reopened for walk-in services Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Beginning Monday, Aug. 24, the Gateway Graduate Commons on the 2nd floor of the University Gateway Building will be open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- The Lied Graduate Commons on the 2nd floor of the Lied Library will be reopening Aug. 30 with the following days and hours:
- Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m.- 8 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
Please reach out
with any questions. We are here to support you.
All my best,